What do we do?
The Parish Council duties include: The ownership and/or the management of numerous facilities around Wickersley, for the benefit of residents, including:
- Wickersley Community Centre and Library (set up in 2008 by us and managed by Wickersley Community Centre Association on our behalf)
- Wickersley Park recreation ground, off Warren Road
- Bob Mason Recreation Ground (including management of the sports pavilion and football pitches), off Sorby Way
- Wickersley Wood, off Wood Lane – for which we won a national award in 2005 for best kept woodland.
- Wickersley Gorse, off Air Mount Close – Wickersley’s best kept secret – wood and gorse land with superb views over Sheffield
- Wickersley Bowling Club, off Warren Road (contact the Bowling Club Secretary on 01709 541818)
- Wickersley Allotments, off Second Lane (contact the Allotments Secretary on 01709 543872)
- Flower/shrub beds at numerous locations around Wickersley, including railing planters and hanging baskets on Bawtry Road
- Tanyard Public Toilets, and the cleaning/gritting/sweeping of the Tanyard Shopping Centre grounds, on behalf of the owners
- Maintaining 26 seating benches around the parish!
- Reviewing and commenting on planning applications within the Wickersley area
- Organising regular events in Wickersley (see calendar on this website)
- Liaising with relevant authorities regarding infrastructure, policing, consultations and community issues to represent your views and get the best advantage for Wickersley
- Engaging with all interested parties regarding current and future shape of life in the local area
Who are we?
The Parish Council has 16 Councillors elected by the residents every four years. For more information on your Councillors’ click here
When we meet
For more details on the dates, times and venue of Council meetings, please click here. Link to minutes meetings agendas