Wickersley Community Centre
Completed in summer 2008 this new building replaces the old Village Hall. Located at 286 Bawtry Road - near Wickersley roundabout - and run by Wickersley Community Centre Association (WCCA) who manage a number of clubs and events each week in the building.
We have a full programme of weekly classes including; Active Always, Meditation, Contemporary Floral Designs, Dance for Fitness—over 50s, French Langage Group, Italian Language Group, Councillors Surgeries, Kristinas Dance Academy, Ladies Club,Music Group (Bramley/Wickersley), Karate (Self-defence - Shotokan), Spanish Language Group, U3A—University for the Third Age card & board games, Weightwatchers, Writers Workshop, Wickersley Community Playgroup, Wickersley Musical Theatre Group, Wickersley Neighbourhood Group, Wickersley Neighbourhood Watch, Yoga, Zumba Class, Zumba Fitness and Scouts
For information about the Community Centre click here.
The bright and modern function room is available for hire, and can accommodate up to 120 people seated. The facility includes:
- A sprung beech wooden floor
- Fully programmable air conditioning and climate control
- Security features such as comprehensive CCTV system and alarm linked to a control centre
- A fullly equiped kitchen including hob, double oven, dishwasher and fridge/freezer
- 100 modern comfortable chairs finished in lilac together with 25 modern beech-effect multi-purpose tables
- Separate rooms housing a bar, baby change facility, and toilets - male, female and disabled.
For further information regarding hire charges and/or to make a booking, please contact the Clerk to the WCCA on 01709 703270, or firstname.lastname@example.org or call in to the administration office between 9am and 12noon weekdays.
The Meeting Room is where the Parish Council conducts it's business. It is also possible to hire the room - which accommodates sixteen people around the table and a further ten in the room. Tables can be removed if required and the space used more flexibly.